Valuable Professional Resources Available Only to Boating Trades Association of Texas Members
A trade association should have one top priority – their members. At the Boating Trades Association of Texas, we’ve made membership value our number one goal. The Texas boating industry has seen dramatic changes in the past several years. BTAT has responded by changing itself and improving the services that our members demand. We’ve increased the value that your membership dues purchase for you.
- Texas Marine Dealers Handbook, a valuable reference tool for Texas boat dealers, provides an overview of the state’s statutes and regulations for the boating industry. Statutes are annotated section by section with references to the regulations and the authors analysis. Updates are provided every other year following each legislative session.
- APPI’s Powerful Solutions, is an exclusive member benefit that assists members in managing and reducing their energy expenses. APPI Energy navigates the maze of energy deregulation by negotiating favorable “real-time” pricing and contract terms and conditions with competitive energy suppliers across the country. APPI Energy provides energy procurement services with minimal time commitment and no upfront cost. Visit APPI Energy on the web at www.appienenergy.com or call 1-800-520-6685.
- Extended Service Contracts – Mastertech Watercraft and Personal Watercraft extended service contracts administered by American Financial and Automotive Services, Inc. are available for dealers to offer to customers. Stated component coverage for watercraft provides protection for twenty-two component groups that are available on both new and used watercraft. Additional benefits include emergency services and pickup/towing. Protection options are available for sportsman, cruisers, trailers, and generators. Personal watercraft service contract protects eight different component groups and also provides the owner benefits such as emergency services and pickup. Personal Watercraft also offers optional trailer coverage.
- Credit Card Processing – BTAT endorses TSYS Merchant Solutions who offers BTAT members a discount on credit card processing. Members save on credit card acceptance with this exclusive, members-only program. Serving merchants for over 55 years TSYS Merchant Solutions offers a payment processing program tailored to your business needs. With this program you will receive negotiated member-only rates, qualified service representatives available 24 hours a day, an account management team, free online reporting. TSYS Merchant Solutions is a top 10 acquirer with more than 55 years experience delivering unparalleled customer service and end-to-end payment solutions to businesses. Call 888-749-7860 or visit our website today to see how much you can save.
- Educational Programs are offered on a range of topics including technical issues, marketing, and regulatory updates. The 2015 BTAT Annual Convention is in conjunction with MRAA
- Legislative Protection – BTAT works to ensure that the voice of its members are heard on industry issues such as taxation and licensing. During past legislative sessions, BTAT was instrumental in:
- passing legislation to grant TPWD authority to promulgate rules on show demonstrate and test purposes involving incidental recreation use
- stopping legislation that proposed police sobriety check-points on Texas waters
- stopping legislation that proposed an increase from 50 feet to 100 feet for distance slow speed requirements around shores, docks, swimmers, etc.
- prevent passage of boater licensing and helped pass the Uniform Sales Tax.
- Workers’ Compensation Plan – BTAT has endorsed Federated Insurance Company for workers’ compensation.
- Property, Liability and Group Health Insurance – BTAT recommends Federated Mutual Insurance Company for property & liability insurance, group health insurance, and financial protection services. Federated has been in business since 1904 and has over 30 local Federated representatives in Texas. Members may contact their local representative for more information and an analysis.
- Manufacturer Relations and Warranty Rates – BTAT promotes improved dealer/factory relations. Currently, BTAT is working to ensure that dealers receive proper reimbursement for warranty rates from manufacturers.
- “Go Boating” is a national advertising campaign BTAT is working on in conjunction with other boating organizations to promote the industry to consumers.
- Meet with Other BTAT Members – Why reinvent the wheel? Come to BTAT meetings where you can talk with other dealers. Learn from the experience of others and share your expertise.
- Website – BTAT’s website provides information for members and the general public about boating, boating safety, boat shows across Texas, BTAT members and links to their websites, links to dealer regulations and information, past newsletters and other useful resources to members.
- Full-time Staff Ready to Help You – BTAT maintains a professional staff to take care of member needs. Staff work with members, elected leaders and agency employees in the development and implementation of member services. Call the office at 512/328-8632 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, or fax 512/495-9031 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, seven days a week, 24 hours a day.